Tall ship Blue Clipper is the perfect boat for those wanting a hands on sailing holiday experience.
Built in Sweden in 1991, tall ship Blue Clipper is a three-masted gaff rig schooner. With a clipper bow, original teak deck and elegant stern, she mixes a traditional tall ship feel with a modern build giving guests an authentic experience with all the mod cons.
Originally owned by the Brandy company Hennessy and named ‘Spirit of Hennessey, she appeared in many Tv programmes and commercials before being private bought in the late 90’s.
In 2016 she started her new life with her current owner and now spends her summers sailing Northern Europe and her winters chasing the Caribbean sunshine.
- Total number of berths : 30
- Number of guest berths : 20
- Number of bathrooms : 9
- Cabin configuration : Mixed Cabins
- Smoking policy : Discretion of the Skipper
- Builder : Feab Marstrandsverken
- Year built : 1991
- Length overall : 44m/242'9"
- Number of Sails : 10
- Rig : Gaff Schooner
- Sail Area : 675m²
- Engine : Caterpillar
- Crew : 8-10
- Licensed for day sails? : Yes
- Waterproofs supplied? : No
- Are all meals included?
Yes, all meals on board are included in the price. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and hot drinks) Alcohol is not included.
- Can you cater for dietary needs?
Yes, please let us know when making your booking.
- What language is spoken onboard?
- What are the sleeping arrangements?
6x Twin Ensuite, 1x 4berth Ensuite, 2x 2berth shared head
- How many toilet/showers does she have?
9 in total. All Cabins are Ensuite aside from the fore Cabins that share a bathroom.
- Is there an age limit?
Please check with us in the office if you have an under 18.
- Is there WIFI?
No, but you should easily be able to reach 3G/4G from the shore.
- Can I charge my phone/Camera?
- Are there life jackets provided?
- Are Waterproofs provided?
- Do I need sailing experience?
No, absolutely not! Just a lust for adventure and a want to get actively involved.
- Will I be sea sick?
Everyone reacts differently but we recommend if you are at all worried to take some medication 24 hours before departure.
Blue Clipper's Crew
Read more about Blue Clipper's owner, crew and skipper.Read more
Blue Clipper is perfect for those wanting to really get involved with sailing a tall ship.Read more
The History of
Built in Sweden in 1991 but inspired by a classic tall ship rig.Read more