- Ocean passages
- Winter sun
- 1 day
- 2 - 6 days
- 1 week +
- 2 weeks +
Classic ketch Maybe is the perfect boat for those wanting a hands on sailing holiday experience.
Built in 1929, classic boat Maybe is a beautifully shaped 28m gaff ketch. A strong sea-worthy vessel, she is built with extra strength using steel frames, a hardwood hull and teak decking.
She has a rather famous history, once being owned by Jan Jacob Van Rietschoten, father of the flying Dutchman, Cornelis ‘Conny’ Van Rietschoten. Having spent most of her life privately owned sailing around the world, she has been owned by her present owners since 1989.
After a complete overhaul in 2007 and a restoration to her original Gaff rig in 2011, she now spends her springs in Scotland, summer days sailing in Tallship races and winters keeping warm in Spain and Portugal.
- Total number of berths : 18
- Number of guest berths : 14
- Number of bathrooms : 2
- Cabin configuration : Mixed Cabins
- Smoking policy : Discretion of the Skipper
- Builder : De Vries Lentsch
- Year built : 1933
- Length overall : 24m/78ft
- Number of Sails : 7
- Rig : Gaff Ketch
- Sail Area : 675m²
- Engine : Cummins
- Crew : 4
- Licensed for day sails? : Yes
- Waterproofs supplied? : Yes
- Are all meals included?
Yes, all meals on board are included in the price. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and hot drinks) Alcohol is not included.
- Is bedding provided?
Sheets and pillows are provided but you will need to bring your own sleeping bag.
- Can you cater for dietary needs?
Yes, please let us know when making your booking.
- What language is spoken onboard?
- What are the sleeping arrangements?
3x Twin Cabins, 1x 4berth Cabin, 1x 6berth Cabin
- How many toilet/showers does she have?
2 toilets/showers for guest use
- Is there WIFI?
No, but you should easily be able to reach 3G/4G from the shore.
- Can I charge my phone/Camera?
- Are there life jackets provided?
- Are Waterproofs provided?
- Do I need sailing experience?
No, absolutely not! Just a lust for adventure and a want to get actively involved.
- Will I be sea sick?
Everyone reacts differently but we recommend if you are at all worried to take some medication 24 hours before departure.
Read more about Maybe's skipper and crew.Read more
Sailing with Maybe is an authentic classic boat experience.Read more
The History of
Read more about Maybe's famous sailing history!Read more