Food at sea becomes a vastly important part of the day and is as much a feature of your holiday as the sailing and adventures we have.
As much as possible, skippers and crew source fresh ingredients locally and provision for all tastes and dietary needs. Of course, on a longer passage crossing preserved or frozen meals might be a necessity, but still very tasty! Vessel galleys will differ greatly but all are well equipped to cater for large or small guest parties. Each day the cooks are whipping up fresh loaves of bread and cakes to keep you all fuelled throughout the day and preparing delicious lunches and evening dinners to be enjoyed either on deck or in the saloon area. On some voyages, guests can have a go at catching their own supper, by fishing off the boat or helping the crew with dessert creations for their fellow shipmates. Needless to say, there is always a constant stream of hot or cold drinks for all. Alcohol maybe available onboard to buy and will be offered at the skippers’ discretion when a safe to do so.
Vessels can cater for any dietary requirements or allergies so please let us know at the time of booking if there is anything cooks should be made aware of.
Here is an example of the types of food our boats are likely to serve. Bon appetit!
- Selection of teas, freshly ground coffee and fruit juice
- Muesli and yoghurt with a fruit compote
- Selection of cheeses and sliced meats
- Various breads including rolls, rye bread and toast
- Fruit bowl
- Homemade conserves
- Boiled or scrambled eggs with smoked salmon
- Occasionally bacon and sausages
- Tea and coffee available throughout the day including home made afternoon cakes
- Chef’s pumpkin soup with coriander
- Freshly baked breads and feta tart with home made dill gravadlax
- Watercress and walnut salad with cauliflower florets served with lemon olive oil dressing
- Selection of fine cheeses with pickles and relishes with salamis accompanied by olives and cornichons
- Seared scallops served with black pudding and roast apple
- Slow cooked leg of local pork with fennel, chilli and lemon juice marinade served with salsa verde
- Herb roasted beetroot, parsnips, red onion and carrots
- Creamy mashed potatoes with mustard and finely chopped spring onions
- Tart Tatin served with celeriac ice cream
- Local cheese and biscuits
- Coffee and homemade chocolates