Competition now closed!
Our competition in partnership with Wired for Adventure has now closed.
If you’d like to experience the real ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’, why not take a look at historic brigantine Florette’s sailing schedule. Immerse yourself in the authentic Caribbean way of life, enjoy the finest local cuisine and explore islands far from the beaten track.
Dive into secluded bays with crystal clear waters, snorkel amidst vibrant coral reefs, and relax on white sand beaches stretching for miles. Hike through volcanic islands, exploring luscious rainforests and watching for wildlife along the way. This active sailing adventure is the perfect mix of traditional life at sea and time spent ashore whilst being the ideal way to experience a more sustainable holiday in the Caribbean, travelling with the power of the wind. Get stuck in with the crew and hoist the sails, or simply enjoy the slower pace of life at sea. There’s no sailing experience required – just a taste for adventure!
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
One lucky winner will be chosen to join us on this Caribbean adventure.
- The prize is for one person.
- VentureSail will also provide a £400 voucher from Flight Centre towards the cost of a flight to the Caribbean
- Travel must be on a guaranteed 8 day voyage running between 22/12/2023 and 06/04/2024
- The Competition closes on the 9th of November 2023 at 11 AM BST. Entries after this date will not be valid.
- Any flights will be booked by the prize winner.
- The prize winner must top up the cost of a return flight to the Caribbean if the cost exceeds £400.
- The prize winner will be responsible for arranging for and paying for any transfers to their airport of choice and in the Caribbean, as well as any extra accommodation needed before or after the voyage.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure you have a valid passport and obtain any necessary vaccinations or visas (if applicable).
- The winner will need to buy adequate travel insurance for this holiday, which is not included in the competition. VentureSail can advise on suitable insurers for sailing holidays.
- The winner must be suitably fit, in good health, and able to climb a 2m ladder. If you are not, you will not be awarded this prize, and no alternative will be given. You will be required to complete a medical declaration.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative or transferred to alternative voyages.
- The winner will be randomly chosen and informed within one day of the competition closing.
- The winner agrees to assist the VentureSail marketing team with pre and post-competition promotion (such as a photo and brief sentence about themselves) and a brief trip review on their return.
- Entrants must be over the age of 18
- If all reasonable efforts have been made to contact the winner and there is no response from the winner by the 23rd of November 2023, another winner will be chosen at random.
- The prize will be bound by our standard booking terms and conditions from points 3-8, and points 11-23.
- One entry per person – duplicate entries will not be counted.
- This offer is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Employees of the promoter, all other prize partners, its agents, or anyone professionally connected with the promotion, and their families, are excluded from entering this competition.
- The promoter cannot be held liable for IT system failures or delays or loss of entries.
- The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damage) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with participation in this promotion.
- VentureSail reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition at any time without notice. And reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this prize and without notice, in the unlikely event of a major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any similar event or if circumstances arise outside of its control.